Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Treatment of Amazon Warehouse Workers

AMAZON. I was broke,1y 6m ago, bro. I landed back in Los Angeles with $200 in my pocket and $9k in back child support. I borrowed a van to sleep in from an actor. The gas tank is always empty. Took me 3 weeks of bullshit interviews and background check and got a security job at Amazon in Culver City for $16/h, just when the virus hits Wuhan. Order vitamins from Amazon. Rent a mattress in a living room close to work, $600/week from another actor. Return the van. With the Amazon hourly job and LA rent you have to rent a jail cell, otherwise you won't make the bills. Just sleep, shower and occasionally cook a large quantity of meat in that shared kitchen. Had to be invisible for the landlord and disappear every morning at 5:30AM. Too many sub-renters in that apartment. Perfect. I was guarding Amazon empty buildings and asking for more work at other Amazon locations. I would get reprehended for working too many hours overtime because I was trying to make $1000/week in average instead of $600. Hourly Amazon workers would call in sick regularly, supervisors were too dumb to schedule the shifts properly. Slavery for the rich. Save every dollar. I was now making more money than the supervisors. Only eat items almost expired from the 50% off section at the grocery store. Grind more, waste more of my valuable time guarding nothing. What the fk am I doing here? I'm supposed to be writing and shooting movies. I want to quit every day. Don't. Smoke even more weed. I hate money and I have no option but somehow multiply them. How? From time to time Amazon "intellectual" $250k/year employees would visit so they can do Nothing too. Bro, the whole time I worked there, all Amazon workers were pretending to be working and the Amazon stock was keep going up. #Robinhood What the fk is the stock market? #wallstreetbets Risk all the money. cash.app Swing trading research. #YOLO Buy low sell high. All in, one stock at the time. #bitcoin #AMC @elonmusk #dogecoin..... Pull the money out. Get the fk out of there. Now I can make fiction movies again. Fk Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment